German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I just thought I'd introduce myself and my myriad of pets (although I'm sure there are many on here that have more :)).

My name is Alicia, my boyfriend and I live together in a 4 bedroom townhouse in the heart of London, ON. We have two cats, a ~3 year old Siamese mix named Meowzers, although she goes by many other names, and a ~1 year old former feral tabby bottle baby named Lloyd. In addition to the felines, we also have three dogs; Sadie, a 6.5 year old miniature dachshund that rules the house and all the pets, Fynn, a nearly 5 year old standard dachshund and, our newest addition, Bruce, an 8 month old King/German Shepherd.

We joke around quite frequently that we somehow manage to get all of the "lemons" with our pets. Sadie has epilepsy, back problems (IVDD), allergies, the list goes on. Fynn is generally healthy, although he does have an allergy to duck that will cause him to develop sebborhea if he has even the tiniest bit. Meowzers has a strange eye twitch but is generally healthy. Lloyd has iris melanosis and stomatitis. Bruce is missing a tooth (we're doing dental xrays before he gets neutered) and is pretty timid, although so far he's been healthy (other than the time he came to work with me because he ate half a sweater...).

I work at a vet clinic as a receptionist, although I generally do much more. I'm also a professional photographer, specializing in puppies and pets. In my spare time, I show Fynn in conformation classes and compete with both Sadie and Fynn in earthdog. We're still looking for something to work with Bruce on :)

We are having a few issues with Bruce that I will post about in another section, just wanted to introduce myself and the "babies".

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome, we love to look at pics on here if you would like to share with us. :greet:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhhh pictures.... I don't have many of Bruce just yet - we only brought him home about mid March, we moved right before that so we haven't found the camera just yet in the midst of our unpacking.

Here's a cellphone photo of Bruce though:

This is Sadie (black), Fynn (brown) and Josh, our old pit bull:

This is Meowzers, our siamese:

Apparently, I don't have any pictures of Lloyd....but if you picture a classic looking brown tabby, that's what he looks like, lol.

·
Registered
27,251 Posts
Welcome! Handsome pack you have, kitty too!
Your username is .....interesting. backstory?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! Handsome pack you have, kitty too!
Your username is .....interesting. backstory?
The backstory isn't as interesting as most people would assume, lol.

When I was 13-14, about 13 years ago now, my friend and I had an argument about whether or not someone could survive an autopsy. I pointed out that people survive autopsies all the time - if they're the one performing it. For a little while after that close friends would call me autopsy survivor as a joke, I made an email address using it as most young people do. I ended up using that email address a lot, to the point where it became a huge hassle to get all of my contacts to email me at my regular email address, so I gave up. Now I just use it as my user name so that I can remember what it is, lol.

Thanks for the comments about the woofers and cats!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Welcome aboard. You're animals are very nice looking. The Dachshunds are beautiful and so is your GSD.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Interesting story- love it!

Nice pack you have too, welcome to all of you!

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Welcome! Love your pack. They're the cutest lemons I've ever seen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts