German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just got offered a new job, I took it for a lot of good reasons. Unfortunately I work 7 to 530 and during some season I will work 7 to 7. So sometimes ruger is in his kennel that long. He's out in the morning with me and I play with him from the minute I walk in the door to when I go to sleep. Some days my girlfriend is home at 4 and can take care of him. Is that to long for my pup?
I feel bad doing it but need this new job...
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
As long as he can hold it it's not too long. You'll really have to pay attention to his feeding and elimination schedule.

Lisl is in her crate up to almost 11 hours once or twice a week if I can't get away at lunch.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Once a week my dogs are crated that long. They are adults and are fine. But know that you will not be able to make plans after work. So no Happy Hours with coworkers. I am very cognizant of my time away from home. And make sure my girls get the quality time out if their crates and with me everyday.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Yes, so am I. After work is through the only place to go is home, and the faster the better.

I hate leaving her in there all day but she seems none the worse for wear. She's happy to see me and she doesn't go in her crate.

Her new digs haven't shown up yet. Supposed to be tomorrow, and not a day too soon. I swear everytime she gets into her crate it looks like she's grown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts