German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I adopted my first rescue dog, Kimmy (2.5yo), six months ago, and recently found her a pal, Buckley (15wks). We finally got a house, and as many of you probably already know, the first dog led to two! I've learned so much from this site, and we've already begun our research on getting a quality AKC GSD sometime in 2019 after wee Buckley gets his fair share of teaching and belly rubs. In the meantime, I'm highly interested in learning about various events and how to properly train, and the different types/lines of GSDs and their specific performance/temperament traits.

Anyway, just a hello and a proud picture of my "kids." :wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! They are very twin-y in looks. They're also the perfect poster kids for oversized, saddle-less, hook tailed, couch lump chickens who should never, ever, ever, ever procreate...lol. *Snip*

And I love them so much. :grin2:

·
Registered
561 Posts
So makes me want a second dog more than I already did! Got to get the first one squared away first....I keep telling myself

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Two has been pretty great for us thus far. Kimmy has (had?) separation anxiety. I left her in my bedroom alone for an hour *once* to run an errand, and it cost me a shoe, two sets of blinds, and a bottle of perfume. I come home at lunch daily, but it was still two stretches of four hours alone in a crate. Then I met Buckley, and had to have him because he's so clumsy and does that side head tilt business, and I'm a glutton for punishment (it's been a lot of work). We put the crates together, and Kim stopped gnawing on the bars, and destroying bones and ropes when I was gone almost immediately. She's been a big help with training him in return because she's very obedient and steady when I'm around. It's nice that they have their calming little "pack" while I'm away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts