German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cute but he looks very young. Welcome.
He's supposed to be 8 weeks old, after being on here the last few hours I'm beginning to question this myself honestly. I did feel like he was kind of small. We have a vet appointment in the morning and I'll get an exact weight on him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! He's very cute but I agree looks younger than 8 weeks. He has such a sweet face
I've watched pictures of the litter since birth on Dec 24th but the breeder did have another born two weeks later. I've been to his place and seen them but because of the snowstorm and me having a small car he brought him to me at my request. I'm truly starting to worry I got a puppy from the younger litter now. Once he has his vet appointment and ask his opinion I'm going to call the breeder and discuss. He does have all of his teeth but I'm really feeling he's way too tiny to almost be 9 weeks old.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I've watched pictures of the litter since birth on Dec 24th but the breeder did have another born two weeks later. I've been to his place and seen them but because of the snowstorm and me having a small car he brought him to me at my request. I'm truly starting to worry I got a puppy from the younger litter now. Once he has his vet appointment and ask his opinion I'm going to call the breeder and discuss. He does have all of his teeth but I'm really feeling he's way too tiny to almost be 9 weeks old.
Welcome to the forum, and Congratulations on your new puppy! As others have said, that puppy is not 9 wks old, so yes he's absolutely from the later litter IMHO.

Bear - 15 week old GSD male plus 5 cats - Benny (5), Nani (5), Kingston (5), Rigby (3) and Hazel (2)
69 Posts
Unfortunately getting a pup before 8 weeks can create issues down the line.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Funny, I was going to guess he’s closer to 6 weeks, and that would line up time-wise for the later litter. Your breeder is either highly irresponsible or purposefully duped you. Strange either way.

But he’s adorable and will be loved nonetheless! Stick around and ask questions. People are very passionate about the breed here.

Reactions: Hai.britt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny, I was going to guess he’s closer to 6 weeks, and that would line up time-wise for the later litter. Your breeder is either highly irresponsible or purposefully duped you. Strange either way.

But he’s adorable and will be loved nonetheless! Stick around and ask questions. People are very passionate about the breed here.
Thanks for the positive response! h
He will definitely be loved! I spoke with the breeder earlier and he stated he was 100% sure I had the correct puppy and that Czech lines run smaller usually, which I have heard but this seems a bit too much smaller (and less developed IMO) either way my other two girls took up with him quickly and are very "mothering" of him.

Bear - 15 week old GSD male plus 5 cats - Benny (5), Nani (5), Kingston (5), Rigby (3) and Hazel (2)
69 Posts
Thanks for the positive response! h
He will definitely be loved! I spoke with the breeder earlier and he stated he was 100% sure I had the correct puppy and that Czech lines run smaller usually, which I have heard but this seems a bit too much smaller (and less developed IMO) either way my other two girls took up with him quickly and are very "mothering" of him.
It's not the size but the features that give it away. I'm sure he will still do just fine and be great addition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts