German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11018034

Quote:Eight-year-old Spanky. NO APPOINTMENTS NEEDED. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ADOPTING THIS PET PLEASE VISIT THE SHELTER MONDAY - SATURDAY 12:30 - 4:30 OR CALL THE SHELTER AT (203) 946-8110 All dogs are vaccinated and in most cases altered prior to going to it's new home. In-State Fee $80 cash only Out-of State Fee (no voucher)$35 cash only Proof of homeownership required( mtg statement,tax bill) Landlord approval required for renters.We require that your dog meet our dog so bring him/her/them along.

·
Registered
921 Posts
hubba hubba.... what a gorgeous boy!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
He is stunning!!! What a beautiful boy!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
GSRNE is calling on this boy. We're taking in an Old lady dog this weekend, and another senior soon...which brings us up to 4. BUT....we have a wonderful home for a senior long coated male that has been waiting. Crossing my fingers that he is a good fit!

·
Registered
782 Posts
what a beautiful lh boy!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
GSRNE has not taken this boy...
we are playing phone tag and have not been able to connect with them yet. If you are interested in him, please feel free to go ahead. Meanwhile, we'll keep trying to get more information on his hip issue to see what that is all about

Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
Chris, I'm very close by and am happy to go meet and eval him for GSRNE if that is helpful. I've been keeping an eye on him online, but have no open spaces to help him right now. Let me know if that helps you. Sue

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
His listing was updated a bit.

Quote: Eight-year-old Spanky was found wandering with his girlfriend Darla who has since been adopted. He gets along well with other dogs and loves people. He enjoys taking walks but has very bad hips( very low ride) which limits his time for walks and play. He has been taking supplements while at the shelter. He would love a new home with a caring family that can care for his needs.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Update: I spoke with Barbara at New Haven to let her know that we are interested in giving a forever home to Spanky. First, we have to be sure that he would thrive in a household with other GSDs and three cats. They are going to do a heartworm test for us. Fingers crossed it is negative...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good luck!!! Let me know if you need help with transport. I'm near Hartford CT but willing to pick him up.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
This is great news, Roxanne!!

GSRNE has been in a crisis with dogs the last week...having to put one to sleep, another one had bloat and was too late getting to the vet and did not make it, and another collapsed and was paralyzed in her hind end. She's getting x-rays, and a MRI and we're hoping surgery will fix her. We have another dog having seizures that we''re trying to control, and one that needs double hip surgery.

With all this going on, we just couldn't take on this boy right now, and I've been worried about him. It is such a relief that you are going to adopt him!
Chris

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hi Guys, We are not positive that a true cat-test can be done because of the arrangement of the facility. But, we are doing our best, working with Sue, and the people at New Haven to get it done. Sue has been so helpful offering to go over with a couple test-dogs at the end of this week.

Keep positive thoughts that his cat/dog/heartworm test will all be ok. We should have our answers by this Friday...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Roxanne - that is great news. I will keep Spanky in my prayers and that he passes all his tests with flying colors. Both you and Spanky would be so lucky if it all worked out

1 - 20 of 30 Posts