German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in San Antonio, TX and own a 10.5 yr old working line GSD named Sheba as in (The Queen of Sheba). I have enjoyed the wealth of info for the past day or so and have done many searches. When I got my Sheba her breeder explained to me that she was a WL dog and I believe my breeder matched me well with the right pup who was said to be "very touchy feely" and boy is she.

I have since learned and to this day see the trait in her that she is a go go go girl who over the past couple years I have had to act like a smart coach with a Senior ball player and pull her back since she has yet to ever display the desire to give up chasing a ball on ground or in the pool.

I have always like thicker large head dogs such as the English Lab and I am getting the impression that to get that, I may have to go with a German Show line GSD. It may just be me but it seems like many of the members on this forum are of the WL GSD ownership. I say this because most of the reply's and pm's I have received are from those owners.

If anyone knows of a German or W German Show line responsible breeder in TX who is not charging $3k + for that kind of pup would you mind sharing the info?

It is hard to break away from the awesome well balanced example of health and confidence that my Sheba has given and still gives but I think I am up for a change. Looking for a male pup thinking it might be a better idea to have one of each for their over all well being.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Welcome from a German Show line! So - there are lots of us here also. Sorry, can't recommend in Texas. But you may try posting your question in the looking for a breeder forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts