German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little introduction to Jaxon, a 6.5 month old german shepherd. He is my second dog, also have a 6 y/o boxer. Definitely ready to learn more about this breed!

He came from a back yard breeder and had a roungh first 4 months of his life. Once I saw him I couldnt leave him in the place he was. There was one other pup too but the owner would not let me take both.

He is very skiddish and afraid of children, people, and dogs until he knows I am there for his protection. Then he will let loose a little bit but will run back if things start going in a direction he doesnt like. Out of curiosity I called the breeder and mentioned this and her reasoning was " when he was younger we let the fater out with the pups. Came back an hour later and the male dog was treating the pups as rag dolls, throwing them and just overall being abusive." Ok, the that explains that. So I asked again if I could get the other pup, and was told "no, we are going to get him trained"

So our 4 month old 17 pound puppy is home and eating like crazy. in the 2.5 months we have had him he has packed on about 35 pounds putting him right around 50 pounds at 6.5 months old. He is a great dog with a lot of personality and it been great watching him come out of his shell and open up to new things. He has definitely come a long way!

On the ride home 4 months

4.5 months old, meeting some of the family.

Meeting some of the family dogs. 5 months

and at 6 months

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congrats on your cute little boy. Wish you could have gotten the other one too but, hopefully that breeder will follow through with what they told you and give him a better life.
Welcome!

·
Registered
907 Posts
:welcome: and Thanks...

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome to you and Jaxon! :greet:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome! Jaxon is a good looking boy!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome, where in nc are you at? He's a cutie

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for saving him, too bad you couldn't get the other one out of there also. Looks like he's very much loved.

·
Registered
800 Posts
17 lbs @ 4.5 mos, wow! That was one seriously little dude. He looks really good now though. Welcome! Lived in NC for 5 years, miss it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts