German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a 10 week old German Shepherd puppy and she is said to be a purebred. And I know that the teething process can take up to 7 months. I was just wondering if it was normal to have one ear look almost like a lab’s ear. The other ear looks like a more typical gsd floppy ear so I’m just unsure and was wondering if this has happened to other people. All responses appreciated ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
The ears look typical to me, they go up and down, and not at the same time. Could be the angle of the pic only, but the downed one doesnt look too triangular. Might just be a trick of the angle though.

She is adorable!! Love the penciling on her toes

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I saw both parents and they both seemed to be normal looking and healthy. I got the puppy from more of a local breeder

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Here's a couple pics of my puppy at various stages for comparison. The bottom one was 12 wks, the upper was 14 wks, by 15 wks my puppy's ears were up to stay, but it varies widely. Some ears don't stay up dependably until 6 or even 8 months! My avatar is my pup at about 5 months...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the responses and pictures! I’m glad to see that some of you experienced the same thing and helped me out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts