German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought home our first German shepherd puppy home at 6 weeks. She is 12 weeks now. We have 3 other dogs 2 small mutts and one rott. Excited to join this forum...I've owned many dogs but nothing quite as difficult as this new puppy.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Congratulations on your new puppy, and welcome! GSDs are an awesome breed! Show us pictures when you can...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Congratulations on your new puppy. Sounds like you have a great pack. We'd love to see some pictures when you get a moment.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Love this photo! You can almost feel the joy. My rottie is almost 12 and bringing home our shepherd pup last year just reinforced how grumpy he is. A year later and we have a truce of sorts but the old man does not play at all with him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love this photo! You can almost feel the joy. My rottie is almost 12 and bringing home our shepherd pup last year just reinforced how grumpy he is. A year later and we have a truce of sorts but the old man does not play at all with him.
We have a shih-poo that is 13 and she is not amused with the puppy at all, and wants nothing to do with her. Hopefully there will be some sort of a truce in the near future, and the baby will know to leave her alone.

·
Registered
337 Posts
That was the most difficult part - the pup would not leave the oldster alone. He would not take corrections from him and would just run circles around him pestering and staying out of reach of the snapping teeth. So determined to get him to engage in play. And he still is, but quickly remembers the rottie is a dud and engages us instead. I had an easier time getting him to leave the cats alone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts