German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me start by saying I bought this pup as a companion puppy. I have always wanted a German Shepherd, and really didn't know much about them until I started comming here a few months ago, and until reading up on GSD! Well I am in love with my girl, she has a decent lineage although I have red on here some people are not fans of the Royalair for certain reasons. My girls parents where both the standard size, so I suspect she will be too!
I have a few questions for all of the GSD novices!! What is best for teething, we have tried everything!! Any tips on keeping her from jumping up, I just cant seem to get her to stop!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Try bully sticks for teething. I use nylabone and my dogs love it.

As for the jumping when your pup jumps ignore her completely. Don't even tell her no. When she settles down simply pet and say good. If it happens when you're coming home ignore her until she settles down. If ashes crated come in and ignore her for a few until she settles down then let her out. Never give attention to a jumping dog. Turn your back and ignore.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try bully sticks for teething. I use nylabone and my dogs love it.

As for the jumping when your pup jumps ignore her completely. Don't even tell her no. When she settles down simply pet and say good. If it happens when you're coming home ignore her until she settles down. If ashes crated come in and ignore her for a few until she settles down then let her out. Never give attention to a jumping dog. Turn your back and ignore.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the advice!! I will try both of those!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts