German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Whats going on everyone?!!!!

I'm new to the site came across this site trying the find the proper color name for my little guy Maxo. He's 11 weeks old today and is exploring everything. A little background information for you guys his mother is a dark sable Czech working line and father American working line both were beautiful in person. I'll add pics of parents below..... But my guy Maxo is all black with sliver paw tips I can't quite find anything online for that color pattern..... Will he stay all black or as he gets older the sliver will develop more?

Any tips on getting him to eat out of his bowls?? It's either my hand or on the floor I've even tried different bowls?

Mother: after litter at 80 Father: Big guy was 130 at the time

Why does he always want to go explore other poop? Is that normal? How should I stop this?

Thanks guys I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.....

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Based on the pictures, I would guess that pup is going to be a blanket back black and tan, or possibly a bi-color. Looking at the parents though, I would think the blanket back. So yes, the tan/cream/silver will continue to develop more.

It is completely normal for him to investigate other poop. If you don’t like it, simply redirect him and teach him a “leave it” command.

For the bowls... I would only feed him out of a bowl so he can’t keep avoiding it and make it extra yummy so he really wants to eat it. You can add wet dog food, some plain canned pumpkin (if he likes it), small bits of cooked meat, whatever. Eventually he’ll get over it and it won’t be a problem anymore.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome! I would lean towards bi-color. Very nice looking boy.

I would just keep feeding him in the bowl. He will need to eat eventually.. My dogs always loved it when the food spilled out on the floor as well. Not sure why though..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! I would lean towards bi-color. Very nice looking boy.

I would just keep feeding him in the bowl. He will need to eat eventually.. My dogs always loved it when the food spilled out on the floor as well. Not sure why though..
Thanks, I tried one of the puzzle bowls last night and he seamed to enjoy that. We shall see this morning how he does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what made you want a GSD?
I've always wanted a GSD since a child. What I would really like to have is a WOLF / or Wolfdog.... But being realistic that wouldn't be the best move for me at the moment. GSD are just as smart and I love all of their features. From their tails to the tip of their ears hahaha.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've always wanted a GSD since a child. What I would really like to have is a WOLF / or Wolfdog.... But being realistic that wouldn't be the best move for me at the moment. GSD are just as smart and I love all of their features. From their tails to the tip of their ears hahaha.
Hahah good choice then. I never wanted one, but my mom highly recommended them. And now I love them. I've only have for about a month but I've read, researched, and study so much that I think I have a good idea of them now. I hope the best for you and your gsd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts