German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Tessa is a gorgeous 5.5 year old GSD who came into our lives in June, when her prior owners moved out of the country and were unable to take her. She and our other pup, a 6 year old greyhound mix named Dyna, are best buddies now. Tessa is a tall lady, standing about 26" at the shoulder, and weighs 62 pounds, though she is incredibly slender--sort of a supermodel build--with a flat back (she looks closer to how GSDs look in old pictures than the heavier set sloped back GSDs more common today). Don't let that fool you... she happily eats 1.5-2 pounds of food a day! (This is funny, because her owners mentioned she wasn't a big food dog... all that changed with the first bite of homemade glop) We are raw feeders (ground beef, beef offal; chicken backs, wings, legs, gizzards, hearts, offal; whole mackerel, whole eggs, produce, etc), though the pups get to enjoy some rice and full fat Greek yogurt with their meals. Raw chicken feet is her favorite treat.

Anyway, love that there's a forum for when we have GSD specific questions, and it's great to read about others' experiences.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Welcome! Gorgeous girl!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Welcome, and keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Good looking pair, welcome!

·
Registered
942 Posts
That's awesome that you guys took Tessa in! Rollo and I say welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
and I have my own indulged Tessa. :)

Attachments

Reactions: car2ner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts