German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. New GSD owner. My little guy is currently 8 weeks old. I’ve had dogs previously, but only smaller dogs and my wife was unsure about big dogs. I absolutely love big dogs, always have, so I’m super excited.

I’m here to learn all I can to make sure my boy is as happy and healthy as he can be.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!

Buy chain mail gloves...kidding, but larger breed puppies do bite stuff more than smaller dogs, so be ready for that. Don't read anything into it, they aren't being mean or aggressive, just normal. Puppies are so much fun!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Welcome Drew, be prepared to have a very smart dog on your hands. GSDs are unlike any of the small dogs I've had.
It's a wonderful journey and so much fun to train and work with them.
Congratulations on the new addition.
PS/ We Need Some pictures of the little guy.

·
Super Moderator
5,366 Posts
Hi Drew.

Please take the time to read the sticky threads about pups. Our furry little landsharks can be a handful, but with good humor, fair consequences, clear instructions and some good mentors they grow to become wonderful companions.

You will soon learn that there are so many different training styles. Which one works best depends on your personality, the pup's personality and your shared goals.

photos and short videos are always welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts