German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family has a new member, a 4 month old GSD of Czech and German descent. We've had him for about 3 weeks now and things are going so well that I find myself suspicious of being lulled into a sense of false security before the storm hits.

I'm curious what knowledgable people think of his pedigree, which I'll be posting in the Pedigree and Bloodline section right after this. I look forward to learning and making use of all the resources on this site.

Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very cute pup! :) I usually find the 6 / 7 month mark the most tiresome, but if he's doing well so far there's no reason to say it won't continue. Does he seem settled in already?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cute pup! :) I usually find the 6 / 7 month mark the most tiresome, but if he's doing well so far there's no reason to say it won't continue. Does he seem settled in already?
He’s settled in quite well so far. He’s slept quietly through the night in his crate since we first brought him home, and after being told NO a couple times, hasn’t really tried to get on any of the furniture. My post in the Bloodlines & Pedigrees section describes how well-behaved he’s been so far, it seems redundant to write all the same things again here, but he’s learning his basic obedience stuff really quickly and we haven’t even started our Basic Obedience classes yet!

I suspect that he hasn’t really started teething yet, which somewhat accounts for his obedient nature, and I’m bracing myself and my family for the very good possibility that these polite manners might not last.

Pic from today.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
My girl is almost 8 months and she is just now starting to calm down. She was barking profusely at other dogs at the park and now she just glances at them, gives them a couple of soft woofs, and moves along. She is so loving and sweet and has recently started watching tv with me in the evenings as she winds down from the day's activities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts