German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my incredibly "helpful" girl, Maple! I just adopted her this past week from the local SPCA. We are so fortunate to have her, but I must say she is a very intelligent, challenging and willful girl! She is not potty trained, and she was dumped at a San Francisco beacj by her owner so she has separation issues. We start puppy training this coming Saturday which my son and I will attend together. I look forward to learning more about training this specific breed, after having a Golden, she is a very different animal, literally, lol!! I love her to bits already :). She is well socialized and has done well at the "puppy park" as I call it!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! She actually came from the shelter with her name! We loved it, so it stuck :). She has the most gorgeous gradation of maple coloring on the backs of her ears and the maple coloring elsewhere which is what must have inspired her name :). We adore her, and my 17-year-old son and his friends have been walking her daily. She is easy on the leash, has a very soft mouth when taking treats. VERY mouthy when riled up but we are working on that.

I think she is ALL GSD, my boyfriend thinks she is a mix. I don't see any other breed there, what do you think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts