German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new here but I thought this would be the best place to start for my question. My family just rescued a loving 2 year old girl. She was about to be out down because her owners neglected her health. Any ways now she is in fair health minus being too skinny and this yeast infection in her left ear. She is on yeast meds along with a ear wash however I wasn't explained how to give these meds. Do I need to use cotton after the ear wash and removed the crusty stuff before I give the meds or just get it in her ear? I'm sorry if this is a silly question, I've just never had a dog with this issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I wish I had an answer for you. I am going by what goes on humans ... Clean ear out first. Thanks for rescuing this little lady. She will bring you much joy.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
my dog had a yeast/bacteria ear infection. i had to wash the ear every other day for 2 weeks. the meds were twice a day for 2 weeks.

put in wash, massage base of ear for about 30 seconds. wipe ear. allow dog to shake out ear. wait a couple of hours and insert meds, massage base of ear for about 30 seconds. do not wipe ear.

of course i have idea what meds you are using, but those were my instructions. complete the entire cycle of meds.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
clean the ear first. Put cleaner in the ear canal, massage the base of the ears to help break down build up, you can also use cotton balls to clean the outer penna of buildup. After a few seconds allow her to shake her head to get that broken down gunk out.

Allow the ears to dry, then put the medication in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts