German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For flyball, Nikon has been wearing a ComfortFlex harness. I got it from my friends (and fellow board members) Falon and Jason after their dog Poppy chewed it in half and I mended it with gorilla tape. Unfortunately the tape won't hold forever! Instead of getting another ComfortFlex I've been thinking about switching to a collar instead. Another flyball acquaintance posted a collar I really liked made by JuliusK9. Well I ended up getting the collar, *another* harness, a leash, and several patches for the harness and collar. I ordered it from Hungary (K9Harness) because their prices were so good even with shipping and it came in one week. They were super easy to deal with. I love the gear even more than I thought I would. On Sunday Nikon wore the harness during obedience and protection to help break it in before flyball. It actually fits better than a ComfortFlex for flyball since the front strap is a bit higher so it doesn't inhibit his front reach. He won't wear both at once; I plan to change how I'm restraining and releasing him so we eventually switch to the collar instead. I special-ordered a NIKON patch (still being made) and then had a lightbulb idea of using a real Nikon camera strap to make a Nikon patch :) They accidentally sent me a TURBO patch instead of a FLYBALL patch so the FLYBALL one is en route.

I made Nikon's "official" patch by cutting up my camera strap, burning the ends to prevent fraying, and gluing the pieces to the JuliusK9 brand patch that came with the harness

Nikon has a conformation show this weekend (not the Sieger Show) so he already got his bath.

(original image had a "busy" background)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
very cool!!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Awesome, love the patch on the collar :D Too funny and I love the creative use of the camera strap :)

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Nikon, is absolutely beautiful.....

Good luck at the show........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts