German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just adopted a 3 1/2 month old puppy, on 12/7/10 (Pearl Harbor day, hence his name...Bomber). Ive had Great Danes all my life and decided to adopt a GSD.

He weighs about 40lbs and I think he was a little under fed, he attacked his food like a shark in a feeding frenzy when I first got him. Gave him more and more and on day 2 he started eating at a normal pace. He seems to be a super good puppy, housebroken, hasnt chewed a thing. Only issue he has is in play mode you cant pet him because he'll shred your hands. Im guessing thats normal from a puppy this young??

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
Welcome to the site and the wonderful world of GSD's. He is adorable! Cool name,too.
I would look at the training threads(these clips are great: Leerburg Streaming Video ), practice NILIF and get him redirected to appropriate chews other than your body parts. Flirtpole and tugging(until he starts teething) will wear out his oral need to bite. I would also work his mind as well as his body so he'll be a happy puppy...They are the best behaved when tuckered out.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome!! Bomber is a cutie!!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Bomber! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13