German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been coming here over the years as a guest for information and decided I should finally join.

Kaia will be our third GSD as we truly love the breed. Kaia is a WGSL longstock and is now 9 months old. Kaia came straight to us from Germany back in October....she arrived on our anniversary...what a great way to celebrate our anniversary.

I have a couple of questions and please excuse my ignorance if the answers to my questions are obvious.

We decided not to have Kaia spayed and she is about 3 weeks into her first estrous cycle. How do I know when she is finished with this event so it is "safe" to bring her back to dog parks and not worry about her becoming impregnated? Is there an obvious indication of sorts ?

Also, is it somewhat typical of bitches in heat to display behavioral changes outside of their interaction with other dogs...such as being a bit obstinate?

Lastly, where and how does one start a new thread in the "New Posts" area....I assume this forum "Intros and Welcome Mat" is not the place to start a new topic or thread.

I appreciate any and all help and thank you in advance.

SuperG

Attachments

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome, your girl is beautiful, thanks for sharing her with us. I can't help with answers to your heat questions, but as for posting a new thread I think you just have to click on forums and scroll down until you find the one that is related to what you want to discuss. Then click on the new thread button, I hope that I have been of some help. Maybe someone else will come along and instruct you better than I did. :greet:

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, your girl is beautiful, thanks for sharing her with us. I can't help with answers to your heat questions, but as for posting a new thread I think you just have to click on forums and scroll down until you find the one that is related to what you want to discuss. Then click on the new thread button, I hope that I have been of some help. Maybe someone else will come along and instruct you better than I did. :greet:
Thanks, the advice on posting makes perfect sense.

Ace looks like an athlete, I'll bet he can move quickly and snare a frisbee with grace.

Take care,

SuperG

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wow what a stunner welcome to the forum to make a new post go to the area you want to post the forum in for example pictures then there is a button at the top left hand side that says new post click there add pictures and info and your done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts