German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Just found this forum and had to join, I am getting my first Shepherd the end of the month, a sable female.
I have never had a full blooded Shepherd before so this will be my first!I have always had Dobermans, my last one I had to put down not long ago, 5 years old only, had Cardiomyopathy, out of the 5 Dobes that I have owned 4 had this dreaded disease, I cannot go through that again as much as I love the breed, so we have decided to get a Shepherd, can't wait!
I had a hard time deciding between a black and tan or sable, so I have been looking at how sable changes color!
Any advice on Shepherds would be greatly appreciated!!:wub:

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
The best advice I have to give you is to get a puppy from the most recommended breeder you can find. As you have found out, a healthy dog is hands down the most important thing ever.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome, lots of knowledgeable people on here that can give you advice. :greet:

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
:welcome: from IL

Spend some time on the boards and read the things to look for in a responsible breeder thread.

What is the breeders kennel name?

Your breeder should be able to answer all of your questions and pick the best pup to fit your lifestyle based on temperament and energy level not color.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for welcoming me, I have been reading all the threads and it helps a lot, I am getting a puppy from :Tonti Trail German Shepherds, she is from litter D the one of the sable females, we will bring her home Feb 28 so I can't wait!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! :)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from a fellow Illinoisian. Much luck to you with your new pup. It's always exciting getting a new pup!!!!!!!:welcome:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts