German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Those eyes are on that kitty! Nice picture of the two.

Adding a cat to our home would be problematic at best. Our current and elderly cat gets a pass and is allowed to walk freely amongst the pak, a newcomer would probably not be welcomed. One of mine recieved a nasty scratch for her curiosity one day and she has had a hate on for them ever since.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had 2 days of hissing, growling. I expected her head to spin like the exorcist at any minute. She now realizes the dogs are friends, they are fascinated by her and so gentle with her. I forgot how much fun it was to watch a kitten's antics, who needs tv anymore.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nice picture!!

Just went through this with my 2 yr. old rescue GSD and my 2 adult cats. they've all worked it out and the exuberant

dog has finally stopped chasing. I know she got boxed numerous time by the cats. But all is peaceful now.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kitten Katana has 2 big protectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Great pics! Cats and dogs can be such great friends. I think German Shepherds can click very well with cats, the temperaments seem to be similar.

Reactions: ksotto333

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Really cute photos reminded me of Bella our King Charles. Bella never liked or got along with our cats who tried to befriend her and were here before bella. Bella loved the feral kittens that found their way to us-though. Some so young had to be bottle fed and after being vetted and when old enough to rehome. would spend many weeks with us. Bella could not even resist the cuteness of a kitten. She would lie down and they would play with her fluffy tail and hang on her climb on her as she slept.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, they are pretty much inseparable now. I was hoping they would click, thank goodness they do.

Reactions: gsdworld7
1 - 12 of 12 Posts