German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're about 1 1/2 bags into a food switch.
We went from Nutro Choice to TOTW Wetlands. The main reason we switched is due to Gunnar's paw licking and ear infections. At the same time we changed food we also added Probiotic Miracle powder. We have also fed plain, live yogurt all along.
We noticed a change in the paw licking almost right away and the irritation has gone away.
They ear scatching and gunk is getting better, but is still going on.

Before we move on, I'm wondering if anyone knows how long before the food change will have "full effect" so to speak.

The ear thing is getting better and it's not like he's at it all the time, but I want to try and stay on top of things.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am sure the change in food made some difference but the probiotic supplement may be helping more. I have known many GSD's to have ear issues on Nutro Natural Choice. Don't know why but when changed to another high quality food the ears gets better. My choice was always Canidae. Never had any ear issues on Canidae ALS.

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Ear issues are nothing compared to the more serious problems (ie. the common problem of liver/kidney damage and death from eating this food) that Nutro causes. :angryfire: That food is toxic waste.

I believe I've read somewhere that it takes like 3 months for the dogs system to "clean" it's self of old food. Though each dog is different. Within the first week of Zoey being off Nutro she was less lethargic and stopped vomiting blood multiple times a day and wasn't pooping a mixture of watery diarrhea and blood anymore. :headbang:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts