German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, My wife and my son ( 2 year old ) have a new German Shepard Female. She is 8 weeks.. but the breeder gave her to us a few days before she was 8 weeks ( 2 days to be exact) odd? I dunno I'm new. I also have a little papillion (bufferfly ears) they get along really well together however the little papillion does tell the puppy off when she annoys him but otherwise they are great. THE BAD news is our cavoodle is not accepting the new pup which is really sad.. I have been trying alot, walking them together, taking them to the park together trying to play with them together.. the cavoodle has attacked the puppy while I was not home under my house mates supervision and bit her nose :(. So i have no choice to keep the cavoodle seperated for now until I work out what to do. But otherwise she is a beautiful girl with very sharp teeth lol :).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hopefully this works out. I have been lucky enough that when I have had multiple dogs they have always gotten along. This is my first GSD so maybe someone with experience will chime in and point you in the right direction. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Hi Tashy. I too have a new GS puppy. My older shih tzu didn't like the puppy for the first week. She ignored the puppy or growled at him. They do get along now and she protects the puppy when the puppy and my poodle mix play too hard. What a difference a few weeks make. So hang in there with supervised play.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts