German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard on the news today, Direct TV will carry a new station Aug 1st for dogs!
Molly does not watch TV, but the cats do sometimes. It will be interesting to see what is on.

DOGTV - Watch

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I disagree with it, tv is bad enough for humans, creating couch potatoes like me. Dogs are better off without tv. Kids too, its nuts that people set their kids in front of barney 1 million times in a row?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
There was a promo about it and I went to the website where they had a preview of the stuff that would be on. Finn could have cared less about what was on it. I usually leave the TV on as background noise/deterrent when we leave the house, but I think I'll continue to leave one of the movie channels on or Animal Planet...no reason to pay for something the dog doesn't care about, lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I heard about the DOGTV also. I don't know if dogs can see even screens. It can come in handy because were gone a lot so my dogs can be entertained when were somewhere. But why cant dogs just watch animal planet they have dogs 101 on it and other wildlife stuff i think animal planet is better. :]

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Make sure your TV is bolted down or hung on the wall. I have had DogTV for months now and Jonas tries to play with and run with the dogs on there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Make sure your TV is bolted down or hung on the wall. I have had DogTV for months now and Jonas tries to play with and run with the dogs on there.
X2...Quince will go for anything that moves on there....especially windshield wipers as they seem to drive him nuts lol

and god forbid if a dog howls on that show as he'll P-OFF the neighbours

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I never would get this, my female Cairn Terrier is so dog aggressive that dogs on TV even send her over the top, it's so annoying, she even remembers the jingles to the commercials with dogs in them and runs into the room leaping up at the TV, and I love my TV and would hate to have her scratch it up with attempts to attack a hundred dogs a day on the screen. I just leave the radio on my favorite Country music station and the dogs are fine. :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Gunther loves watching dogs on TV and if we were to get cable/satellite I might consider it for my entertainment mostly. :) When dogs are on TV he just sniffs the TV, head tilts, then runs to the window to see if it's outside :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just came on Directv today. Howie seems to enjoy it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts