German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. ive been browsing the forums for a few weeks now, finally introducing myself and my buddy.
Hinrich is 13 weeks old this week, and this is our first family dog.
We have 3 little girls, 6,3, and 1 year old. the dog does great with them for the most part. I am amazed at how smart he is, and the drive he has to learn new things. He truly loves training, and doesnt act bad as long as we keep his training going on a regular basis.
HE will begin his professional training this week, and after he is finished he should be able to pass his CGC.
Eventually I would like to get him certified as a therapy dog, as I am a hospice nurse, and would love to take him to work with me to comfort dying patients.

Anyways, happy to be here!

·
Registered
253 Posts
welcome

:hug:What a beautiful little girl and of course dog...Thanks for all you hospice nurses do for families of terminal patients. looking forward to more pics. welcome..from Waco, Texas.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hinrich is a cutie!

I think that would be a great idea him being a therapy dog. I would like to thank you for the work that you do. It is not an easy one, but it helps the patient and the families more than you think. My dad had hospice and that nurse comforted us greatly. He had lung cancer. She helped us before and after his death.

I think having Hinrich there would definately bring comfort to the families and the patient. Great idea! :)

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome to you and Hinrich! :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome! Your little girl and pup are adorable. I would also like to thank you for the work you do. What a great idea to get Hinrich certified as a therapy dog-good luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! Yeah, the baby and the puppy are buddies, I think its because they both spend most of their days on the floor :)
They will be great companions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts