German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this on Netflix tonight -a new documentary called "To Be of Service".It's about veterans and their service dogs.I haven't watched it yet but thought some members might be interested.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I also watched it thanks to this thread, I think it goes without saying that a dog is good for anyones soul. How many of us would be in a darker place without them? And even so, having them makes life that much more fulfilling.

·
Super Moderator
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think many of us depend on our dogs as much as they depend on us.We take good care of each other.

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
Watched the Disney Plus movie of Togo last night. I think it was well done, especially the puppy work (watched the dog handling and training as much as for the story line). It ended on a good note but I still sobbed and sobbed. Anyone who spent as much time and energy on a good dog would have to have a heart of stone not to cry.
I then looked up the Seppala Kennels
Looks like these dogs will be extinct in a few generations. The work for these dogs is going away. I can respect that these kennel owners are realistic about the place for their breed.

·
Super Moderator
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the link.The kennel owners are being realistic and sincerely care about what's best for the breed.
I like to observe how the dogs in movies are being cued off camera too.I saw one last week where the lab was obviously following trails of kibble wherever he went.A scene where he was supposed to stay near the owners while they conversed he was going round and round them licking up food:)

·
Super Moderator
32,125 Posts
Thanks Terri, just added it to my Netflix list! I want to see Togo but don't have Disney+ and we're not interested in another paying streaming site. Might be worth setting up the free trial though, and then cancelling.

Has anyone seen Pick of the Litter? It's streaming on Hulu. This is where moderator Fodder works training service dogs. We watched it last week, it follows a litter of puppies from going to raisers then back to the facility for official training, selecting which ones will go on to be service dogs vs being washed out of the program, then being assigned to a person. Very cool!

·
Super Moderator
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't seen Fodder's movie yet.It's on my list now!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I saw an ad for a new tv show "America's Top Dog" starts tomorrow 1-8-20 on A&E.
I wanted to see Togo too but we don't have the Disney streaming!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts