German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And of course my main model is Zoey... only snapped a few, it's been raining since I got the new camera so nothing fun.

Chew the antler... dont lick it!

Target acquired... locked on!

Many more to come... :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on the new camera! What did you get?
Thanks, sold my D3100 kit and bought a Nikon D7000 DSLR. In the process of selling my lenses and buying new ones as well :cry:

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Pretty dog, beautiful target! :toasting:

I've tried to get "between the ears" shots before, but never really have found a way to make it work. You did. Need a wide aperture, put "target" in focus, and ensure a foreground bokeh. Awesome...

(Really like the first photo too!)

[EDIT]- wow, viewing the exif info on flickr is shocking to me. That's iso1000 at f/5?? Geez I need a better camera. You'd be able to count the pixels if I shot at iso1000!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pretty dog, beautiful target! :toasting:

I've tried to get "between the ears" shots before, but never really have found a way to make it work. You did. Need a wide aperture, put "target" in focus, and ensure a foreground bokeh. Awesome...

(Really like the first photo too!)

[EDIT]- wow, viewing the exif info on flickr is shocking to me. That's iso1000 at f/5?? Geez I need a better camera. You'd be able to count the pixels if I shot at iso1000!
Thanks Wildo, appreciate it! The between the ears shot literally fell in my lap, I was sitting on the floor and called Zoey over.... She insisted on sitting on my lap and the shot was there, I was just lucky enough to have my camera haha...

I was playing with the first shot in lightroom and I clicked on a preset by accident and turned out I really liked it lol

Ya, the D7000 is a beast, the room was pretty dark and the camera did great work with the ISO... I love it so far.
First 2 are at ISO 1600 and the last one is 1000... Couldve went down a bit on the last one but forgot lol

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Annnnnd Zoey got a new collar :)

Wish I didnt cut off her feet :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts