German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just discovered a new birthmark/mole looking thing in mikko's armpit. i am sure it has never been there before, as we always check him for ticks there. i thought it was a tick at first. is it normal for this to just appear?

·
Registered
598 Posts
How old is Mikko?

Kodee got a new black spot on his tongue that started as a tiny black dot at about 6 mos old. Now he's a year, and the spot has grown to about 1/2 the size of a dime. That's normal for their pigment to change as they mature from pup to adulthood (just like their coat colors change). If it's a raised mole, though, I'd personally get it looked at by a vet. But then I'm a paranoid mom whose motto is "better safe than sorry" when it comes to my dog.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
Indy (11 yo mixed breed) is getting all sorts of new "black" spots as she ages. I keep an eye on them, and the feel of them. So far, the vet hasn't been concerned about any of them, but if they start changing, or if they feel like a thin coin under the skin, I would certainly be aggressive about having them checked out.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i seemed to have abandonded my own post! anyway, thank you for the answers. mikko will be 3 in a few months. the new birthmark, or whatever it is, is dark brown, circular in shape, and the very center is a darker brown color. its not raised but its also not just skin changing colors- know what i mean? basically, it looks just like a birthmark- but he wasn't born with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts