German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Cues to our first trial on Sunday. She did manage to squeak out her BH. Only major mess up was that when she heard hier on the other dogs recall, she jumped up and moved towards the sound. Poor thing was completely confused and didn't know what to do, I had to call her back to me. That was the last thing I thought she'd do wrong. Her long downs have been very reliable. Oh well. The great thing was that I learned so much. I need to warm her up a bit differently to keep her tighter on the field. And FYI, never feed you dog when you have gloves on! I forgot, but she smelled the scent on my glove and several times she was bothering my hand looking for food. I was on the field and just wanted to kick myself for being so dumb! I have a LOT more work to do, but it's a start.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You guys did great Cindy! And it was nice to meet you finally!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I wished Titon had that much control on leash. Dog has sled dog in his blood. :rolleyes: Nothing I do will stop the pulling, I'm going to invest in a prong collar and see if that helps at all.

I was just about to start Sch. training before I left Colorado to take a job in Utah so I've yet to find a club here worth training with. Not to mention my hours are 1:30 to 10 at night so that makes it a little harder.

It warms my heart seeing these dogs working like they really enjoy it. :D

-E

·
Registered
27,272 Posts
Congrats to you and Cues. I think you two looked great!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much everyone. She is my pride and joy!

·
Premium Member
11,292 Posts
Congratulations Cindy!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Congrats:thumbup::thumbup:

And thanks for posting the video!!! It's great to see a good dog work and they are a big help to those who haven't been to a trial yet (me!) and want a feel for what its like.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I wished Titon had that much control on leash. Dog has sled dog in his blood. :rolleyes: Nothing I do will stop the pulling, I'm going to invest in a prong collar and see if that helps at all.
The prong collar has made a world of difference with Shasta. We went from a place where she pulled so hard that I wouldn't/couldn't walk her to reasonably nice loose-leash walking...instantly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts