German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this and I need help finding a German shepherd breeder in North Carolina. I am willing to travel If necessary to find the right breeder.

The type of German Shepherd I want is a strong pigmented black and red West German show line dog with a well mannered solid temperament that could be a member of our family. I don't want to breed...Nor do I want to enter the dog in shows.

I searched the websites and I found two that I like one is called the Red Cedar farm German Shepherds in Asheboro N.C. the link to their website is below.

he second breeder is called Gunbil World Class German Shepherd breeders 'Very Pricey". They are in Colorado.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
ah... you're new so cannot receive pms, right.

I'll say it right out, that area (I've lived there) is rife with bad breeders.

Be very careful and get recommendations. Ask breeder where his former pups are and what they are doing.

Best of luck

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
ah... you're new so cannot receive pms, right.

I'll say it right out, that area (I've lived there) is rife with bad breeders.

Be very careful and get recommendations. Ask breeder where his former pups are and what they are doing.

Best of luck
Hi Zippi! I believe they can RECEIVE pm's just not respond to pm's until they reach 15 posts. ;)

P2P: :welcome: Here are some good reading materials!
(German Shepherd and Schutzhund Articles, by Wildhaus Kennels )

Things to look for in a 'Responsible' Breeder

German Shepherd Guide - Home

There are knowledgeable people here to help you! Ask the Mods to change your post to "Choosing A Breeder" and you will get more responses.

Also, in the "Search" box above, type in Breeder in North Carolina. This will turn up many pages that you can read.

Good luck!
Moms:)

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
While you may not want to show your dogs maybe you can find sanctioned schutzhund events and breed surveys that way you can talk with people and meet their dogs get ideas up front. NC has a lot of European Showline black and red dogs. Certainly in the RDU area.

I can't recommend any breeders because I have working line and am not really familiar with the showline dogs but..maybe that will help.

Region/Events | United Schutzhund Clubs of America

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello P2P

You may wish to consider Carrisima Kennels - west German show line, red and black, great temperament ( primarily family dogs). Went to see them yesterday and bought one. Did a lot of research and my criteria was much like yours. They are near Orangeville, Ontario. You will save about 25% due exchange with Canadian dollar!

·
Registered
27,206 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New And Seekin German Shepherd puppy breeder

Thanks,

I looked at the website great. That's what I want..

Hello P2P

You may wish to consider Carrisima Kennels - west German show line, red and black, great temperament ( primarily family dogs). Went to see them yesterday and bought one. Did a lot of research and my criteria was much like yours. They are near Orangeville, Ontario. You will save about 25% due exchange with Canadian dollar!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts