German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i've posted before Karma likes to dig. She's sneaky about it and since i have two other dogs, if i can't catch her in the act, i can't 100% certain say it's her or the other two. Well friday i let the 3 knuckle heads outside to play/potty/etc while i make dinner for myself and my daughter (wife was working).

Lately we have had a squirrel who likes to taunt miss karma jo from a tree branch and get her all worked up. today i noticed that it stopped a little sooner than normal, but brushed it off. Every so often i poke my head outside and didn't see anything out of the 'normal'. sat down, ate dinner, was taking care of dinner and noticed i only had two knuckle heads running around the back yard, neither of which was karma jo.. i walked outside, stood on our patio, called for the puppies. The bullies came right up to me, but no karma.. i started to panic as i called for her, and then i started hearing a thumping sound coming from UNDER THE PATIO.. I called for karma, and i would hear "thump.. thump..thump" of a tail hitting wood.. i walked to the side of the deck to discover karma had tunneled her way under the patio, but couldn't seem to get herself out!!

after taking a few photos to share with my wife, i grabbed a shovel and got her out.. She is 100% safe, hasn't slowed her down at all.. never a dull moment with
these animals i swear...

·
Super Moderator
6,142 Posts
ROLFL!! Love the pictures! "I'm so clever,look what I did."

·
Registered
2 Posts
When my dog gets very quiet, we instantly know hes doing something naught. Like,last time, he jumped up on the the countertops and pulled down all of the chicken wings and ate them all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I once left a pillow outside and this was the result and in the next picture you can clearly see what was inside the soft toy once "Cairo" had "played" with it!
pillow accident.jpg
toys.jpg

·
Registered
525 Posts
Haha! That's so funny! She must have felt like being creative yesterday! :LOL: Yes, whenever I start to notice a silence when Kias is out, I go after him immediately. He's always, always doing something naughty.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Oh my God your dog looks very similar to mine! And the wth troubles they get into...... ? Glad she's safe though!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
As i've posted before Karma likes to dig. She's sneaky about it and since i have two other dogs, if i can't catch her in the act, i can't 100% certain say it's her or the other two. Well friday i let the 3 knuckle heads outside to play/potty/etc while i make dinner for myself and my daughter (wife was working).

Lately we have had a squirrel who likes to taunt miss karma jo from a tree branch and get her all worked up. today i noticed that it stopped a little sooner than normal, but brushed it off. Every so often i poke my head outside and didn't see anything out of the 'normal'. sat down, ate dinner, was taking care of dinner and noticed i only had two knuckle heads running around the back yard, neither of which was karma jo.. i walked outside, stood on our patio, called for the puppies. The bullies came right up to me, but no karma.. i started to panic as i called for her, and then i started hearing a thumping sound coming from UNDER THE PATIO.. I called for karma, and i would hear "thump.. thump..thump" of a tail hitting wood.. i walked to the side of the deck to discover karma had tunneled her way under the patio, but couldn't seem to get herself out!!

after taking a few photos to share with my wife, i grabbed a shovel and got her out.. She is 100% safe, hasn't slowed her down at all.. never a dull moment with
these animals i swear...

View attachment 557899 View attachment 557900
Love the picture with the cute, innocent face poking out under the patio!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Haha, that's quite a nice thing to find your dog doing! My two love going under our deck and digging holes as well for whatever reason.. Drives me crazy trying to fill in the holes ! :LOL:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
she's just about done with her first heat cycle, so i have had her confined into the backyard (playing fetch/wrestling etc) instead of going on daily walks/training sessions around town. So i know she feels a little cooped up.

she was VERY proud of herself for getting under the patio.. Wish i had gotten a video of it. Her tail was just a wagging under there. If it wasn't for it wagging/thumping into the crossmembers of the patio, it would have been a little harder to find her lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
A very familiar situation.. our Border Collie does it.. once upon a time.. but she is a lot smaller than Lex.. she can not possibly squeeze even if she tried!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts