German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 9 y.o. GSD and a 4 y.o. Olde English Bulldog. Neither one has ever been neutered. It hasn't really been an issue for either one until recently. My GSD, even though slightly less in weight is the clear Alpha between the two and makes sure to assert that every chance he gets by herding him all constantly. The OEB, while still very confident, will almost always submit or just ignore him. Lately, my OEB has been having some anxiety issues including eating doors, fences and other non-edible barricades. It has been suggested that we get him neutered to fix the problem. My concern is, after he is neutered, is my GSD's behavior towards him going to change. I am worried about him becoming aggressive towards a neutered male. Are there any other concerns I should have on this, or should I just go ahead and get it done.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Your GSD is being a bully, not an alpha and your poor bulldog is displaying classic stress symptoms. Neutering will not fix the problem. Training and management will.
Get with a balanced trainer and get some help. The Bulldog should not have to live like this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts