German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Mentor Ohio and am looking for a used wheelchair (or a new one reasonably priced). My shepherd is about 75 pounds and is 12 years old. She has great strength in her 2 front legs but no stability in her back end.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You might try K9 Carts.

Here is a link to their used wheelchairs. I also suggest calling them to see if there is some more current offerings or info.

K-9 Cart Dog Wheelchair Forum ? View forum - Used Dog Wheelchairs

We had a good experience with the kart we got for Maddie. She took to it immediately and it gave her another year of quality life. It isn't a cheap product but it worked for us.

Best of luck,

Michael

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
You can find them on E bay.

Dwanecart Dog Wheelchair Medium to Large | eBay

I got a Walking Wheels for my Boxer
Walkin' Wheels Dog Wheelchairs - Walkin' Wheels

I found it to kind of a hassel to get the dog in and out of. If I had to buy another I would get the Dwanecart but the walking wheels is adjustable so I have it in reserve for Rocky, bigger wheels, struts and harness and it will be good to go. Rocky has Wobblers.

Another option is Help 'Em Up Dog Harness | Hip Dsysplasia | Dog Carrier or [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Dog-Lifting-Aid-Mobility-Harness/dp/B008EXJIG2[/ame]

The one on Amazon needs alot of tweaking out the Box! Rocky is 116 lbs OS GSD he can walk but is unsteady and needs help getting up at times. For now I made the front half work but we are not using the back half. It's to short so need an adapter to attach it to the front half.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts