German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, there is a very dangerous dog near the agility field we are going for Phenix class...

At first, the owner of the field told me what happen to his little Border Collie...she has been attacked by this dog near their house. He told me this dog already attacked a few other dogs before....unfortunately, it's a Germand shepherd....so he asked my help with Phenix to help his little dog to stop being anxious toward other dogs, especially German shepherd...Ironically, Phenix the "ex" anxious and agressive dog his helping an other dog in the same situation!!! LOL

Back on topic.....last week, during an other class than ours, a women a her dog were seriously attacked by the same dog. Both were injured. They called the police, they retained the incident but they did nothing else. They left the dog there with his owner....

I'm wondering what should I do? I do not want to leave the class, but I want to protect my dog and us. Have you ever experienced a situation like this? What would you do?

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Is this dog just running loose as a stray? If not, do they not know who owns it?

nm, I see you said at the end they left it there with its owner. Have there been further incidents? Is the dog getting loose from a yard or is it just running loose 24/7?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Is this agility field an open and unfenced area? Does anyone know the owners of the attacking dog well enough to speak to them and make it clear the dog is not welcome there? If the agility instructor isn't stopping this dog then I would find a new class for your dogs safety:(

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this dog just running loose as a stray? If not, do they not know who owns it?

nm, I see you said at the end they left it there with its owner. Have there been further incidents? Is the dog getting loose from a yard or is it just running loose 24/7?
The dog have an owner, but it seems like he do not care about the dog and let him run loose over his house....yes there is plenty of other incidents but here, in Canada, province of Quebec, if a dog attacks an other dog it is not considerated as "dangerous" and the police can't do nothing. On the other hand, if a dog attacks a human, than yes the police retain the incident, but they do nothing on a first "strike".

Is this agility field an open and unfenced area? Does anyone know the owners of the attacking dog well enough to speak to them and make it clear the dog is not welcome there? If the agility instructor isn't stopping this dog then I would find a new class for your dogs safety:(
Yes, the field is fenced, but the last time, the dog jumped over it and attacked the lady and her dog. Yes, the owner of the dog who is also the neighbor of this irresponsible dog onwer, already tried to talk to him but it didn't help...his own dog than got attacked too...the instructor called the police, but they did nothing.....

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
new club. nothing is seriously being done and things could only get worse.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol!!

I do not want to find a new club because it is the same instructor who reeducated Phenix....she is very important for us and for him...I love the way she works and Phenix totaly love her.

She try her best to protect us. The field is fenced, she called the police, she talk to the irresponsible owner etc...

I feel bad for this dog seriously....all this will probably end up when this dog will be put down....and all this because this man is a *******...

I want to do something for me and my boy, but if I could do something for this dog....I will....

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Humm, well if you don't want to go to a different field, just be prepared that any given day the dog could come loose on you two. It sounds like the law enforcement and owners don't give two hoots about the situation. I would carry pepper spray in my pocket just in case. Fingers crossed for you guys!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Humm, well if you don't want to go to a different field, just be prepared that any given day the dog could come loose on you two. It sounds like the law enforcement and owners don't give two hoots about the situation. I would carry pepper spray in my pocket just in case. Fingers crossed for you guys!
Thank you......I have a pepper spary now....I sworn that I'll protect my boy even if it means I'll get hurt and beleive me, if I have to hurt this dog to protect myself, my bf or my boy...I'll do it in a way that this dog will never hurt anybody else again....poor dog.....

I left a message to the Protection Dog Agency to see what could we do....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts