German Shepherds Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
What an excellent outcome to a situation that could have ended much, much worse! So happy for you and your family!

I don't want to be intrusive, but I too am very curious as to who this breeder is...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
My husband and I just spent the last 5 hours at the kennel visiting & working with our boy. We are now on our way home WITH him!!! He's curled up next to me in the truck sleeping. I'm so happy!! We have a long ride home & I'm running low on battery so I'll post a longer update tomorrow but just wanted you all to know that we are bringing our baby home!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,842 Posts
That's great! Let us know how things continue.

David Winners

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is an amazing thread - I love how it's working out so far.

Just goes to show, with a ittle love and dedication and a good bit of work, bad situations can become great ones.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hi everyone! I just wanted to update you all one last time. We've had our boy home for almost 2 weeks and he could not be more perfect!! We've been working very hard on re-socializing him (with the help of a muzzle and an e-collar) and he is now showing zero signs of aggression! I have to say, as angry as I was with our breeder, she was right on about him and right on about what we needed to do to fix the problem. Her delivery was crappy but she was right! I was so against using a shock collar but the little that we have had to use it has worked perfectly. He has been nothing but the giant, loving, goofy and sweet teddy bear we always knew he was. We love him so much and couldn't imagine our life without him!! I'm very happy now that she refused to take him back!

David, I just cannot ever thank you enough for what you have done for us and our boy! I am so happy that I came here and that we never gave up on our boy. A million thanks to you all for your help, support and kind words!

I'll leave you all with a couple of photos from the wonderful kennel that helped saved our boy! Here's our Ozzy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Fantastic news!! :)

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
What an excellent outcome to a situation that could have ended much, much worse! So happy for you and your family!

I don't want to be intrusive, but I too am very curious as to who this breeder is...
If not a crappy breeder certainly an uncaring one! Boat load of crappy "trainers/behaviourist" in between also!

Glad it's worked out well! :)

·
Super Moderator
2,842 Posts
This made my night ;)

David Winners

61 - 73 of 73 Posts