German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just need a second to vent my frustrations here. I live in a small apartment complex where dogs are allowed and there pretty much isn't a weight limit (heck, I have a GSD there!). Almost everyone living there has a dog. Some are small, Yorkie size while others are larger Labs, mutts, etc.

Well, I am so sick and tired of people not picking up their dogs' poop! The apartment manager has left fliers at everyone's doors, reminding them to pick up after their dogs, and it's clearly stated in our lease that we have to pick up after our dogs, and yet many of the residents just blatently ignore it and will let their dogs crap anywhere and everywhere and NEVER pick it up! I kid you not, there are piles of poop EVERYWHERE!

What really set me over the edge was when I was out in the large yard area this weekend (where kids play all the time, I train my dog in that area, and it's also an access area to the walking trail just on the other side of the yard). Well, as I was foosing with Koda when I skidded in a big ole pile of dog crap, and almost fell on my butt in it! Oh man, I was livid!

I can't seem to catch the people/dogs in the act though.. (Because I don't sit outside on the lookout all day/every day) But if/when I do see someone letting their dog take a crap and not picking it up, I'm going to give them a good piece of my mind!!!

Does anyone know of anything else I can do about this??? I am beyond disgusted and irritated by the stupidity and sheer laziness of the other people who live in my complex!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm dealing with the same thing at a local trail/ forested area. It's just rude.
If I see someone doing it, they'll know about it, but how do you catch it?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cabelas sells poopcams in the hunting section, just tie it up in a tree.;)

That's a fine idea!!! I will definitely look into getting a few to put up around the "communal" areas where it's happening. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I gave up on that battle long ago. The problem by me is not people in my building, but surrounding buildings. I just pick it up when I see it because I don't want to step in or have my dogs get something if they smell it...its just easier for me to do it that way.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Our apartment complex was like that until the landlords threatened everyone in the building with a $50 fine. The poo magically disappeared after that :crazy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have the same problem where we live, it's literally a crappy situation. People won't change unless they are caught in the act and called out on it. I don't understand people's laziness when it's your own place of residence.

Once you catch them poop in front of their door and leave a note asking how they like it

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
You could approach all the other dog owners (and say of course it isn't *them* not picking up after their dogs, it's all the others, lol) and see if everyone wants to pitch in a few dollars to hire a helpful kid to do a poop patrol once a week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts