German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is a real heartbreaker for me. My husband and I have to move to san francisco by the end of july. We were asked to move, but we had a hard time finding a place in a short period of time that allows dogs. I don't want to give up my dogs, but i dont have a choice. I want them to have a loving home, a yard to run around. Iam really, really torn up here, as i dont have a choice. please let me know, if there is anything anyone can do. They are such sweethearts.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
If you truly need to give your dogs up, you'll need to supply a lot more information about them. People will then have facts to work off of for possible new owners...Sex,age,compatibility with children,family members,strangers, dogs and other animals, neutered,spayed or not...these are a few to start with..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ksotto.. I appreciate the help. I will answer those questions. I honestly dont want to give them up, I wish someone can just hold on to them until we can at least buy a home. But im not sure how realistic that maybe.

·
Registered
27,273 Posts
Find a rescue in the area you are moving to, and see if there is anyone willing to foster for you(with compensation). Things are doable if you open your options

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Info on my shepherds

Sasha is 2 yrs old, spayed, great temperament, great with kids and adults, sweet and independent and has very high prey drive for a ball.

Rosko is 8 months old, neutered, very confident in everything he does, great with kids and adult, loves tug of war, also loves the ball and He loves to cozy up. oh and both dogs loves to swim!

- They are from the same breeder.
- There hips are in perfect condition as well.
- They both have AKC papers.
- They both are up to date with their shots, flea, tick and heart-worm prevention.

Again, I want to make sure they go a loving home. Iam truly hurt and sadden that I have to do this. Like I had said before, I wish someone can just hold on to them for a while rather then me giving them up completely. There really is no comparison of a love that a GSD gives his owner.

Thank you and I hope there's someone out there that is willing to give them the love I have given them, if not more. They truly deserve it.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Does your breeder have terms in her contract that the dogs should be returned to them if you have to give them up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does your breeder have terms in her contract that the dogs should be returned to them if you have to give them up?
yeah we can return them back. But I dont want to.. I rather find a loving home then give them back to him. I feel like they wouldnt be too happy there.

·
Registered
32,356 Posts
What lines are they from? Working? Show? German? American? Do you have a pedigree for them? Working or show people might be interested to see that.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
I am sorry for your situation. It really sucks to find yourself unprepared with not a lot if time to regroup.

I would talk with the breeder. Maybe they have someone that has asked for an adult dog? Maybe they would be willing to temporarily house them until you get a home? A good breeder, and I would guess since you got 2 dogs from them, you think they are, would try and help you.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Call the SPCA in SF and ask them about dog friendly rentals. Also go onto Craigslist in SF and ask. There must be a way as I have seen tons of dogs in that city and am sure not every handler owns a home there. Or go outside SF to look for a home for you and the dogs and commute.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am sorry for your situation. It really sucks to find yourself unprepared with not a lot if time to regroup.

I would talk with the breeder. Maybe they have someone that has asked for an adult dog? Maybe they would be willing to temporarily house them until you get a home? A good breeder, and I would guess since you got 2 dogs from them, you think they are, would try and help you.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Yes, it really does suck right now. Just writing on this thread is making me tear up.
So, we did try and asked him to see what he could do.. but he said no one would take an adult dog.. the puppy would be an easy. But I dont want to separate them either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Call the SPCA in SF and ask them about dog friendly rentals. Also go onto Craigslist in SF and ask. There must be a way as I have seen tons of dogs in that city and am sure not every handler owns a home there. Or go outside SF to look for a home for you and the dogs and commute.
Thats what I said.. there are tons of dogs in SF- but the thing is people actually own those units. not rent.. so it makes it easy to have a dog. TRust me we did look places but no one would allow GSD's as they are labeled, "aggressive breed". Plus, my husband has to be in walking distance to work in SF.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I would, but the problem is us taking them there. The apartment complex dont allow dogs.. so I dont know how I could take them.
You board them in a kennel until you can find a place to live that allows dogs. Many rescues board their overflow dogs.... Check with them to find a safe place to board. You will have to pay for it but it can buy you the time you need.

·
Registered
32,356 Posts
What blood lines? Who are the parents? People looking for working GSD's will want to know what their ancestry is.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts