German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would just like to say hello first of all,

I need some help, it not life or death thing it just to satisfy my own curiosity.
Ok here goes I got my healthy 2 month old puppy just before Christmas from San Jose animal center. When I first found out about her I was told that she was a rescue with her 3 bother and sisters from a backyard breeder that was selling them off, from what I understand she didn't have a very good first 2 months as 3 or 4 of her other brother and sister didn't make it; I was also told that she was a GSD mix with a Siberian husky.
When I got to the shelter and went for the interview for approval of adoptions I was then told that she was not a mix but full GSD, I asked about the mother and father all I was told that they were two extremely healthy dogs because they were the money makers and that they were in the process of trying to get the owners to either surrender the dogs or get them spayed and neutered due to the bad way they treated their litters. Now I grew up with 2 GSD on short hair and one long hair and they had puppies on top of that I have seen my fair share of GSD over my life but I have never seen one that looks like my girl Sasha.
What I need help with if anyone can is has any one seen GSD puppies that looks like her.
Here is one from the day i brought her home.

( *** Pic removed by ADMIN due to size. ***)

here is one from about 3 weeks ago.

I will post a more up to date photo tonight but she has not changes colors and her hair is still short.

PS: here is a link to my FB account that has some more photos some good some not so good phone is not the best camera

FB: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.463941236997825.109814.100001458578025&type=3

Youtube with 3 videos of her.
PieterJoubert11's channel - YouTube

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
She looks purebred to me :) I am no expert, but she looks like a black/silver or black/cream. Husky/GSD mixes are usually fluffy with the curved tail (just my anecdotal opinion). Have you taken her to a vet? What has your vet said?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He dint know but he told me i could take a DNA test if i wanted, but from what i have been told the DNA test that i can take is not always very accurate.

·
Banned
5,124 Posts
She's probably pure...a black/silver type or just very light tan. Those ears are way too big to have any husky in that dog. And look at that second picture...I've never seen a husky naturally stack themselves like that. You just have a gangly, awkward looking, GSD puppy!

You're so lucky to have adopted a purebred! I'm sure you're going to have an amazing dog.

·
Registered
31,895 Posts
She looks GSD to me.

Congratulations on rescuing this little girl. She looks like she has a great home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks we do love her.

PS: sorry about the pic admin thought it was ok since it didn't block me from posting it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
She's a cutie. There really is a lot of difference in the way pure bred GSDs look. She could easily be pure bred.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts