German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted in the wrong section before but going to try in this part of the forum. I have been in contact with a breeder I feel really comfortable with and I have decided that I am going to get one of her pups. I wont be getting a puppy till next spring or summer Penny will be roughly 1.5 year to 2 years old depending on which Dam I go with and when the breeder is breeding them. But I would like some peoples opinions on the pedigrees as I have no idea how to read them or any big names ect.

here is the link to the puppies pedigrees if I get a puppy out of this line (she has 3 breeding females and one sire and here is the pedigree for if I get a puppy out of these dogs)

Line-breeding for the progency of V Ex vom Maibachtal and Stormymagic's Farrah

And the other female I really like this is her Pedigree (obviously same sire as above)

V Judy z Vojanky

thanks for taking the time to look!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also forgot to confirm if these are infact "DDR" GSD's?

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
They are not DDR - West German, some Czech, Belgian....

The dam of Farah has NZ hips - a little concern - but not a deal breaker...the other female, Judy is mostly Czech and some West German working lines...some of the pedigree I like, some I don't - just personal preference.. but I think I like Judy better overall...

Lee

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
These dogs are Czech, West working, and DDR lines. I personally like the breeding pattern I see for the type of dogs I like......having said that, unless you are experienced in this breed and training, then the second female posted would be a much better breeding to get a nice balanced dog, IMO. The first pedigree has potential to produce some very strong dogs!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
I did not see Lee's post until after I posted, but we are basically saying the same thing:)....because we read the same things. I will say if I was looking to recruit a pup for LE work, I would much rather have a pup from first breeding....but it doesn't sound like you are getting a dog for LE....lol ;)

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
A friend has an Ego Hartis Bohemia daughter, and I like the Galan Naleg on the second for sure...have seen Hesy Naspo and know her social temperament....so that pushed me over to her even though both dogs have elements that I don't usually want in my own breedings....

so - yes, Cliff and I are saying the same thing LOL just differently

Lee

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I have not read the other responses yet and I'm new at this so take it for what it's worth.

Personally if I was looking for a dog for myself, I would go with the top one. That litter should produce a level of hardness and drive I would look for in a protection dog. I'm only basing this on the dogs I know in the pedigree.

The second one I didn't like as much but I didn't really see anything wrong with it either. I guess it all depends what your plans are with the dog.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The breeder told me that Farrah will produce VERY strong dogs, very fast and dogs best suited for IPO or SAR PPD (all of which I do have an interest but have only ever dipped my feet in IPO but it was not working out with Penny and it was really a time constraint trying to train her in her basic obedience class she was doing and going and working again doing a different set of training so I decided to stick with just doing her OB and doing Rally in the future)

I actually prefer "Judy" the second Dam produced, the breeder told me that she will produce what I would be looking to get... a well rounded dog it would be better for me as I do have experience with the breed but not with dealing with extremely high drive dogs like Farrah would produce.

I think im leaning more on Judy than Farrah. But the breeder is also bringing in another female from Germany and I have yet to get much info on her or her pedigree but she stated she would also produce offspring that would suit my needs. She also NEVER makes exceptions she ALWAYS picks the pup for the owner she does temperament testing and other stuff from very early on and matches pup and owner perfectly... So I know she is not going to give me a dog I ultimately wont be able to handle... I am going up in July to visit her Kennel and to view her dogs. I am also bringing Penny along as well so she can view how I interact with Penny ect.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
What the breeder said is the way I see it....great genetics for LE dogs in first breeding. Judy should give you a nice sport/pet dog to have some fun with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts