German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
34,358 Posts
When you upped her RAW, did you do it proportionally to ensure she was getting the right amount of bone to meat?

Also, have you had her checked for EPI? Allergies?

What are you feeding her? How long have you been feeding RAW? How much exercise does she get?

· Registered
34,358 Posts
If she's really losing weight, always has soft stool, then I would have her checked but what you describe sounds like an active, growing puppy going thru an awkward stage.

How much did you increase her RAW? Did you do it slowly or did you add a significant amount suddenly?

Your proportions sound right but you might need to adjust it depending on what type of bone. If it's a chicken quarter then the RMB is more like 75% and decrease the MM to 20%. If it's a poultry neck then I knock the RMB percentage to about 40% and increase the MM.

Do you add any pumpkin, eggs, tripe to her meals?

· Registered
34,358 Posts
If you didn't add any new proteins that could be a potential problem then my guess is that the sudden jump in food may have caused the soft stool.

So, if you want to move back to 100% RAW, then I would slowly add more food and decrease the kibble proportionally to see what happens.

If she did fine before you increased her RAW then I suspect she'll do fine if you increase a bit more slowly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.