German Shepherds Forum banner

Which of these names does everybody think would be best?

• Ralo (Suggested :) )

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Chase (Suggested :) )

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Koushirou (Japanese)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shiranui (Japanese)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anubis (Random thought lol)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Axell

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Hawwk

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Tsume (Japanese)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Keinaii

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Denali

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!! :laugh: I'm getting a new german shepherd puppy Thursday, Friday or around the beginning of July. It's a boy! But I need names! :confused: I can't really think of any. I have to choose between two (a black and tan, and a sable) when I go to get it. :rolleyes: Only reason I haven't chosen yet was so their personalities could shine a bit more and I am bringing home whichever one seems to "choose" me. Soo anybody got ideas? :). So far I have a couple of names, Koushirou and Shiranui. I like names that have meaning. But any suggestions would be appreciated! :D

·
Registered
929 Posts
ralo is a good name :) but my favorite is always (im nameing my new pup this next year :D) ronto [ron-too] it means foxes eyes

·
2,967 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Those names you picked out may be a little confusing. I always heard that two syllable names were always the best and easiest to learn.

I mean go with what you want to go with - just a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JKlatsky--- I don't have a litter unfortunately :(. It's not going to be registered... I'm getting it from a family friend who rescued mom and dad from dog-fighters.

And ya you might be right Lucy... That's why I'm asking lol :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Those names you picked out may be a little confusing. I always heard that two syllable names were always the best and easiest to learn.

I mean go with what you want to go with - just a suggestion.
they are two sylables?

·
Registered
929 Posts
but your right, one sylables are usually comands haha :) your dogs name could be bound and that sound alot like down lol

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THAT would be funny!! Lol!! My lab mix gets "down" and "bow" confused sometimes. I had to change "down" to "lay" for him.

·
Registered
954 Posts
For some strange reason I have been in love with the name Chase lately. It's kind of human like but I think it fits a GSD.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey everybody!! :laugh: I'm getting a new german shepherd puppy Thursday, Friday or around the beginning of July. It's a boy! But I need names! :confused: I can't really think of any. I have to choose between two (a black and tan, and a sable) when I go to get it. :rolleyes: Only reason I haven't chosen yet was so their personalities could shine a bit more and I am bringing home whichever one seems to "choose" me. Soo anybody got ideas? :). So far I have a couple of names, Koushirou and Shiranui. I like names that have meaning. But any suggestions would be appreciated! :D

You want "german shepherd puppy" names... so look for something German, or basic. You are looking at Oriental names ;) not very German Shepherd like.. but that's just my OP.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think Shilorio was talking about the ones they suggested lol!! And Va, you're right!! I'm in japanese and chinese classes so those come to mind XD. I'm not very good with speaking german names o_O . But if you know any I could pronounce I'd take em into consideration :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Cash, Scooby, Snoopy, Jake, Cena, Kane, Moose, Boomer, Timber, Valient, Henry, Thor, Atom, Max, Mack

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your german shepherds have cool names gagsd. I have a lab mix named Motomo (native american-He who comes first), had a shepherd named Kiba (japanese-Fang), a wolf hybrid named Dronimoe, and I named my brother's dog Tattonka (native american-buffalo). :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
hmmm ...
König I believe is King?
If you are into music... you could go in the direction of... Amadeus? Mozart? beethoven even.. are german I believe
some I saw on a list and wrote down.... not sure of accuracy...

Adelmo - noble protector
Baron
Beowulf
just go here..

11,000 Dog names, Cat names and more Pet Names at PetNamesWorld.com

1 - 20 of 36 Posts