German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. I might have asked before, but I need to try to find an IPO/Schutzhund club or really good helper north of Tyler, Texas. I will be off of Hwy 19 between I20 and I30. Any suggestions would be appreciated. And yes, I will check the websites and the clubs listed, just want to get some input before I start.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, from the lack of response, you guys have confirmed what I know to be true already. Hard to find IPO clubs and/or good helpers in Southeast and central Texas......

·
Registered
233 Posts
You're 2 hours or less from two UScA clubs. Consider that close by most standards.

·
Premium Member
11,252 Posts
lol - it is hard to find a good club/helper in most places!!!!! Nothing close to me either...got to go 200+ miles to a good club/helper....just found a training group that I may go visit, mondio is their game...but will do IPO as well...

Lee

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I live in East Texas as well and I just don't see being able to fit IPO training in. I just don't think I could do it consistently enough for it to do us any good. Leaving all day on the only day I actually can be at home doesn't sound feasible, particularly as there are so many other things I need to get done that day. Oh well.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It can be a big commitment in time and money if you wish to be successful at the sport even if you're fortunate to have someone/club within your local area.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
I think that people need to understand the huge time commitment of such a sport. Not only the club training (and travel involved), but training/homework during the week.

Even if people are told the amount of time and effort up front and during, it surprises me sometimes that when talking about goals, timelines and what to do to get there, the vision is rose colored... :D

Galathiel - sounds like you are being realistic and taking into account everything else going on.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback. I am not a neebie just will be in a new area. I have traveled 2 hours one way for training so that is not an issue. My dog and I are both committed. We train everyday. I was just hoping that some members of clubs were here and could give me some insight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts