German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some name suggestions for my new girl. I don't have a camera so no pictures of her yet besides her petfinder page here http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15102178

I'm going to try and borrow my boyfriends camera and get some pictures of her tomorrow. I've just been calling her "girl" until I can decide on a name! So far the one I like the best that I've thought of is Emma. I'm hesitating though because a friends horse is named Emma, plus it has the same second syllable as my other dogs name Tessa.

·
Registered
672 Posts

She is so sweet looking!
~swoon~

Any name would be fitting of a queen like her!
When I was a kid growing up, we had a female GSD that was so well trained. That was where my love of the breed came from. Her name was Shotsy or maybe Shautsy, I was too young to try to remember how to spell it! I have wanted to find one that reminded me of her and this one looks like her so much! Good luck, love her!

·
Registered
152 Posts
She is so beautiful! And she looks like she really wanted out of there!

What is her personality like? She looks very sweet. I always like names that have a long "e" sound at the end, because when you call your dog it makes you sound happy. Our last girl was "Keiki" (pronounced ca-key) and it is a Hawaiian word for little child. Our current girl is "Hildie," short for Hildegarde. But a rose by any other name....

Bless you for adopting her!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
For some reason I thought of Catalina, maybe I'm just hungry. But it would be caty for short.

Asha is Indian meaning wish, desire, hope, or...
Kora german meaning maiden
Nora
Saskia means Saxon, which means knife (idk. It sounded pretty)

·
Super Moderator
6,271 Posts
Originally Posted By: JenniferDBrissa, Lara, Lana, Morgan, Brenna....
Lana & Morgan are two that came to mind when i initially saw her pics... and Lara was one that the OP considered.

Not sure why, but L names are sticking out to me.

Lin - would you say these pics are pretty accurate? I know that sometimes they can be way off.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Lin....your avatar is cracking me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your pretty girl, the link I sent you is for American Girl names, that start with an "a" but you can search every letter and culture.

Um...Calista?

She's so lush and regal and sweet!!!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
She is gorgeous!!

I really like Emma and Vala.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Hey what is wrong with Bella??? She is beautiful, you lucky you found her and thanks for saving her.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Chiara (Claire) - St. Claire was a contemporary of St. Francis of Assisi - and we all know how he felt about animals!

Thank you for adopting this lovely girl and taking one more out of a shelter.

Anja GSD
Conor GSD - adopted from this Board
Blue GSD - waiting at the Bridge

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Lin, I love your avitar as well! The story behind it is really funny. I wonder if the Frito-Lay co. will have an ad that includes seagulls.
I think your new addition is a gorgeous girl, congrats!
Chiara is a pretty name, I 2nd it.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tried to reply last night with my phone, it let me spend ages typing it out and then wouldnt submit!!

The pictures are pretty accurate, though I need to get a good face forward shot! Maybe I can get one with my phone thats half decent.

I just don't like the name Bella for her, not sure why. Chiara is cute, but I would pronounce that like key-ar-uh. There is a medical disorder called Chiari thats pronounced key-are-e.

Lara was the first name I considered, after a close friend that recently passed away. But it just didn't seem to fit her.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts