German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello GSD owners! I've recently added a new puppy to the family, Whiskey. Only one of my boys ears are standing about 90% of the time, where as the other stands when it happens to fall into place, if that makes any sense. I'm just worried my little guy is gonna grow up to be a big dog that looks like a clown because of his ears! Regardless if they both stand or not I will love him unconditionally and already do! But it would be good if I could get the buggers ears to be on the same track. Any advice? Foods to give? Possibly taping them before/after he finishes teething? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
first off, how old is your pup? second, do you have pictures? (this is not entirely selfless. We love pictures around here!). Knowing your pups age would help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first off, how old is your pup? second, do you have pictures? (this is not entirely selfless. We love pictures around here!). Knowing your pups age would help.
Oh man, completely forgot! My apologies, he's just past 4 months of age, pushing 17 weeks on Friday. And I edited to add a picture as well

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh man, completely forgot! My apologies, he's just past 4 months of age, pushing 17 weeks on Friday. And I edited to add a picture as well

I would not worry about this at all. My male's ears did this on and off when he was a young pup and it worked itself out - they stand up perfectly

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
One of my pup's ears took longer to stand than the other. It finally stood up straight and tall yeah! .. Then it kind of did the comb over thing *sigh* ... then it stood up straight again! yeah! Now it's flopped back down again at 15 weeks *sigh* ... Oh well, it will come back up at some point! :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
yeah he's teething. He's got some time before that ear will be a real concern about not going up. He's freaking adorable BTW!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts