German Shepherds Forum banner

need help

834 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  scannergirl 
#1 ·
Got an issue and I want to address it before it becomes a problem.
If Lucy were a horse, she'd be barn sour. She hates going for walks away from the house, and tries to rush back home. This tendancy has been there since I got her and is becoming more noticable, so I obviously am not doing anything to improve the situation. On a positive note she did not pull on the leash at all on the way home today.
She is 14 weeks and I have had her four.
I thought I might try bringing kibbles with me and give her one when she stays with me and also when she makes no attempt to chase cars, which is also a problem.
I wonder if I am trying to take her for too long of a walk? Also wonder if teething could be a factor- one ear has gotten a bit wiggly and she's winking the eye on the same side....
Thoughts?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I appreciate the suggestions.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Ok- this is so awesome. I talked with the trainer at Petco and he suggested I try a WATCH ME with the car situation. We just learned it yesterday. It worked like a charm. Car? What car? I don't see no stinkin' car. Just my mamma's loving eyes gazing at me!
The other part of it was I thought about what she got when she got home (as suggested) and it was indeed a meal! So I fed her before we left- whole different doggie.
Man, I love that puppy. She's so SMART.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.