German Shepherds Forum banner

need help

842 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  scannergirl 
I think your instincts are good. I was going to say "right on" but then I had some more thoughts. If I remember correctly, this may be a puppy game. My youngest had a spell of this. We were walking with two other dogs shortly after I got her. She was reluctant - we were in a safe area so I moved ahead with the other dogs. End of that game! Time to catch up! You might want to try a long line if you are in a safe place to do it. If you run off, puppy will probably race to catch you. You just have to change the game a bit. Then too if that doesn't work you might try what you thought of - Shorten the walks a bit, take along treats or kibble (make the walk fun!) If she has a buddy dog, walking two of them together will often cure the problem. Take a look at what happens when you get back home - that might also have an answer for you. (does she get fed when you get back? Treats? Play time? - what is she looking forward to?) My eldest doesn't want to walk alone if her food dish has some bites left. (The younger dog is a chow hound!) There've also been loose dogs in the neighborhood that urinate around our yard - she seems to think she should be watching the fort when that happens, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.