German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fidel is 6 month, we have allergies issues, at the beginning he was eating
Taste of the wild but the food is not fit him. Then I bought him Acana Single the Duck recipe and it's was just great, the los hair is gone and the itching also, my not so smart vet told me that he must eat only food for LBP I know that and because of allergy issues I struggle to find food that is good for him and no allergies, I bought him Acana LBP it's having eggs, chicken and all kind stuff and i figure that my boy is allergic and i return him to Acana Duck single. He finished 2 bags and I bought 6 kg because they do not have a big one and he won't eat it. He finished 2 meals of 120 gramm and that it, he smells the food and kipp going, then they told me at the zoo chop that Acana changes they recipe. I don't know what to do now. I bought him a wild coast the same he smells the food and don't want to touch him. Any advice it will be wery helpful.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
HI LMB and WELCOME! :greet:

Purchase a small bag, and try mixing in a little of the Acana Singles Pork or AS Mackerel.

Your boy may be a picky eater so you may have to rotate with their Single varieties.

The Acana Singles are "for all life stages" and their Calcium/Phosphours levels are appropriate for a pup.

Acana Calcium/Phosphorus Rates:
Mackerel = Calcium 1% Phosphorus 0.8%
Pork = Calcium 1% Phosphorus 0.8%
Duck = Calcium 1% Phosphorus 0.8%
Lamb is a little higher: Calcium 1.5% Phosphorus 1%

Are you in the US?

Moms :)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The Acana Singles are "for all life stages" and their Calcium/Phosphours levels are appropriate for a pup.

Are you in the US?

I was going to say same thing. You are fine sticking with what has been working for him

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI LMB and WELCOME!

Purchase a small bag, and try mixing in a little of the Acana Singles Pork or AS Mackerel.
Thanks for your explanation, no I'm not from USA I'm from Israel and we have a little bit difrent in Acana like : The duck is 1.3 % cal and
Your boy may be a picky eater so you may have to rotate with their Single varieties.

Are you in the US?

Moms
Thanks for your reply, I'm from Israel and we have a little different here with Acana food like :Duck is 1.3 cal and Fos is 0.9. The Lamb is the same like in US, the Pork is Cal 1.1 % and Fos is 0.9. We don't have Macarele here instead we have Pilchard single. What is boserin me that when I switch to different types of food Fidel has diarrhea like from the Wild Coast.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I'm from Israel and we have a little different here with Acana food like :Duck is 1.3 cal and Fos is 0.9. The Lamb is the same like in US, the Pork is Cal 1.1 % and Fos is 0.9. We don't have Macarele here instead we have Pilchard single. What is boserin me that when I switch to different types of food Fidel has diarrhea like from the Wild Coast.
The Wild Coast could have had ingredients that he is sensitive to.

I think any of the Acana Singles will be fine for him.

When switching foods, always transition with small amounts of new food mixed with old, taking a week or two to change eventually transitioning out the old food.
If stool gets loose, go back to previous amount fed (where stool was solid) and hold at that amount for a few days until his gut gets use to it. Then increase again. This is called "bowel tolerance".

Can you get canned PLAIN pumpkin (NO spices) in Israel? Or fresh pumpkin that you could cook?

Can you get ground Psyllium Seed Husks?

You can use a Tablespoon or two of either of the above to help stop the diarrhea.

Can you get goat milk? This has probiotics in it which will help his gut.
Since over 75% of the immune system lies in the gut it is very important to keep it healthy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply, I'm from Israel and we have a little different here with Acana food like
uck is 1.3 cal and Fos is 0.9. The Lamb is the same like in US, the Pork is Cal 1.1 % and Fos is 0.9. We don't have Macarele here instead we have Pilchard single. What is boserin me that when I switch to different types of food Fidel has diarrhea like from the Wild Coast.
The Wild Coast could have had ingredients that he is sensitive to.

I think any of the Acana Singles will be fine for him.

When switching foods, always transition with small amounts of new food mixed with old, taking a week or two to change eventually transitioning out the old food.
If stool gets loose, go back to previous amount fed (where stool was solid) and hold at that amount for a few days until his gut gets use to it. Then increase again. This is called "bowel tolerance".

Can you get canned PLAIN pumpkin (NO spices) in Israel? Or fresh pumpkin that you could cook?

Can you get ground Psyllium Seed Husks?

You can use a Tablespoon or two of either of the above to help stop the diarrhea.

Can you get goat milk? This has probiotics in it which will help his gut.
Since over 75% of the immune system lies in the gut it is very important to keep it healthy.

Moms
Thank you so much for your help and explanation. We definitely will try it.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Does goat milk have to be raw or can it be pasteurized and not lose the benefits. The grocery store has condensed goat milk in cans. Is that an OK option?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts