German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom's friend needs help with his six month old GSD Apollo.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but he's getting kicked out of his place or something and he doesn't want to give up Apollo. He just needs someone to look after him until he can get back on his feet again.

I've only met Apollo once, and he's a good puppy. Big boy, neutered - good guy. If you guys know where I can find someone to help him out, that'd be great. I'll try to get more info, because I know this post isn't much help.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
It would be a good start if you could post where in Arizona he is at, how long he would need to be fostered for, and whether the owner will be paying the dog's costs (food, vet, etc.) while in foster care. Also if he's UTD on all shots and paperwork is available to prove that. For example.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can do.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
sounds like you should adopt him Konostashi hehe... ozzy's can have a big bro

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
please tell me that dogs head has finally grown into his body since the last time you posted this picture? he looks really funky.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
please tell me that dogs head has finally grown into his body since the last time you posted this picture? he looks really funky.
The bigger the head the smarter the dog. :D

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure he's changed since that pic, lol.

He's got the papers. He's also microchipped and licensed, and he said he'd pay for the food. I forgot to ask what part of AZ.

I'd love to take care of him for a while, but he plays way too rough with Ozzy and he's too rough for our 3 seniors. :(

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
If he can get him to Albuquerque, I might be willing to keep him for a while. I'd need a little more info though. How does he do with cats? How does he do with small dogs or other dogs in general? He is Kennel/house trained? You said he'd pay for food, what about vet bills? How long are we talking here, weeks, months, years?

I see where you said he plays "rough". What exactly do you mean by rough, how rough?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's what he said.

"Don't know, a month maybe and I want to visit him on my days off and also I'm going to draw up some papers to let the party know it's temporary and I get him back. I'm doing that for everyone. I'm going to have his special food and offer $200 at the first of every month."

By special food, I think he means the Eukanuba GSD formula. Last time I talked to him, that's what he fed. Still trying to see what part of AZ he's in exactly.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Make sure you make a solid contract. These situations can be tricky. What happens if the dog needs emergency vet care while in your care and the owner says he can't come up with the money, or doesn't want to pay?

Do you pay and then hope to get reimbursed, and if not what happens then? You pay 3 grand for emergency bloat surgery and he gets the dog back 3 weeks later?

What happens when weeks or a month or two turns into 6+ months? Make sure there is an end/stop point written clearly into the contract so he doesn't leave the dog with you with promises to come get him "next week."

In short, just be careful.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My mom doesn't think he's serious about trying to find a temporary foster for him. He sent Mom a pic and a text saying that he thinks Apollo was stabbed. But he won't take him to the vet! If he won't pay for him to go to the vet while he still has him, why would anyone think he'd pay for the food, vet bills, and the $200 while he's in a temporary home? I'll post a pic of what he sent Mom. It's pretty graphic.... It looks like an abcess to me. Mom's going to report him to AC if he doesn't take him in soon.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GRAPHIC PICTURE warning!

Here's a picture of the wound on Apollo. I'm not sure where it's at on him or how big it is. All I know is that he needs a vet.

·
Registered
485 Posts
OUCH!! That looks terrible :eek:. Hope the boy gets to a vet soon!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i dont think thats a stab wound unless someone stabbed him with a round knife sharpener. Was he maybe in a fight?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
What a moron (sorry just had to say it). This dog needs a vet asap before that becomes a nasty infection. This dog needs a permanent loving home not a foster as it seems this person does not want to care for him. Poor baby!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now he doesn't want him anymore.

Ugh.

:mad: :headbang: :mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts