German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I was hoping forum members could give me some help naming the puppy I am bringing home this fall/winter.

Female name, likely the Z litter but don't necessarily need a Z name. I want something strong but feminine, goes well with Hunter, NOT common...

I love Norse mythology and warrior type names.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Minerva popped into my head immediately, probably common though.

Valkyrie, pretty epic name right there. Anything named after the entity that chooses who's gonna die is strong I'd say. Norse too. Three syllables in what is likely a hack job in transferring to english, that's not so good.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Hey guys,

I was hoping forum members could give me some help naming the puppy I am bringing home this fall/winter.

Female name, likely the Z litter but don't necessarily need a Z name. I want something strong but feminine, goes well with Hunter, NOT common...

I love Norse mythology and warrior type names.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :)
What do you mean by "goes well with Hunter"?

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Her male is named Hunter, so she wants the two names to have a nice "ring" to them. ;)
lol oh.. somehow I missed the signature b/c it was centered lol

upon a cursory look it appears the Norse had an aversion to names starting with Z lol... maybe even a complete lack of the letter Z as I can't find it in any norse name lol

We have a club dog named Xitta, but it is pronounced and also spelt Zita

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
ZURI f Eastern African, Swahili
Means "beautiful" in Swahili.

I can't get find an actual Norse name, but I can get you closer to Norse than East Africa lol:
ZELLA f German
German diminutive of MARCELLA

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I can only find good male names!

I was trying to find some names from mythical hellhounds, but they all seem to be male! Can't you get a male instead? Preferably a black one? lol! ;)

Akuma means devil in Japanese

·
Registered
753 Posts
How bout "Pistol" kinda goes with hunter, but none of the other requirements lol.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Hallyn
Hestia
Hexia
Havana
Helena
Helia
Hera
Hecate

Nyx, Persephone, Keres, Rogue, Calypso, Cerce, Arya, Berlin, Callisto, Diva, Danger, Envy, Eden, Felon, Fury, Kahlua, Lyric, Mace, Maven, Moira, Morticia, Onyx, Praxis, Quin, Quest, Rebel, Ruckus, Siren, Scarlet, Secret, Scorch, Shiver, Torrid, Trouble, Venetia, Venom

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not Norsk, but how about Xandra? Starts with a X/Z consonant and sounds suitably harsh and warrior-like.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Shelby...it isn't strong sounding, but if you think Shelby Mustang - power!

Shelby | meaning of Shelby | name Shelby

Shelby \sh(el)-by\ as a girl's name (also used as boy's name Shelby), is pronounced SHEL-bee. It is of Old Norse origin, and the meaning of Shelby is "willow; from the ledge estate". English surname used as a given name for girls and occasionally for boys.
Shelby has 7 variant forms: Shelbea, Shelbee, Shelbeigh, Shelbey, Shelbi, Shelbie and Shellby.

Read more at Shelby | meaning of Shelby | name Shelby

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I have the perfect name........

Auntie Liz's widdle, yittle, little fluffy, smushy faced, wiggly puppy tail baby! ;)

Okay, so maybe not so good with the names since YOUR the one who named MY last puppy for me! LMAO!

Just wanted to say YAY I get a new puppy soon! ;) :p

·
Registered
226 Posts
Zada - Arabic-Huntress or fortunate.

ZhuriSwahilibeautiful

ZenziGermanGrowing

ZandraEnglishDefender of mankind. Feminine of Alexander.

ZaliAustralia (woop!! My country!)Special princess.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts