German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was looking over Maisey's parents' pedigrees and found a whole bunch of abbreviations that I can't figure out. For example, on her dam's, the dog's name is followed by all of this stuff: CD, RE, HT, HCT, PT, JHD, HIAds, HXC, RLF1s, RLF2, RLF3, AX, AXJ, AJP, AXP, BH, TC, TR1, certified therapy dog (I know what the last one is, LOL).

What do all these abbreviations mean?

·
Registered
31,891 Posts
Hmmm. I can help with some, but there is a thread that has a lot of the abreviations:

CD is Companion Dog -- Novice Obedience Title
RE is Rally Excellent -- That dog has an RN -- Rally Novice and RA, Rally Advanced, the highest title that he earned in Rally is the one they listed, RE.

AX, AXJ, AJP, AXP Are a variety of Agility titles.

BH is usually Bundhund, but you will not see that on an AKC pedigree, or maybe if you have them add it in. It is not an AKC title, so I think you have to jump through some hoops to have it listed on an AKC pedigree.

Probably better to find that thread with all the abbreviations.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! I've found several of them and now will try to learn what they mean.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
The RLF titles are Rally Obedience:
Calgary Dog Training

TR1 is the tracking portion only of Schutzhund I / IPO I

The titles that start with an "H" seem to be herding titles.

Love it that Maisey's parents had such a wide and varied performance background.

edited: Oh, looks like RLF titles can also be "Ranch Dog, Large Flock" titles! More herding!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
RLF isn't Rally -- that must be herding.

That's a wonderfully versatile dog, regardless. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts